Visit from grandkids
I am in the midst of the first visit from one of my grandkids. My middle child’s (that I have often talked about)daughter (age 9 I believe) came for a few days. This is our first round of grandkids coming anytime just to come and is a result of my retiring. Already we have had such a super day. I was bound and determined not to feel like I had to entertain her the entire time, but rather just to let her hang around and see how we spent our days and help out around the place. It is the very thing that I remember so much about my grandparents. So to recap.
1. We cooked lunch – biscuits, butter and jelly, bacon, eggs. Finished off with banana cream pie.
2. Made a batch of squash relish.
3. Worked in the garden.
4. Fed the horse.
5. Lay down and she read 8 chapters while I slept.
6. Taught her how to play dominoes.
7. Cooked supper – spaghetti, sliced tomatoes, rummage relish. More pie.
8. Went outside. Sat in the swing and talked about things when I was a kid.
9. Continued talking but this time about her boyfriend! Ahhhhh say it isn’t so.
10. Watched the red birds, mocking birds, dove and squirrels.
11. Got the BB gun and gave a lesson in shooting plastic buckets. She hit on the first shot.
12. Had to reload. She liked killing buckets. Just in case she ever needs it for the boyfriend.
13. Mosquitoes ran us inside.
14. Took showers.
15. Watched TV.
16. Went to bed and listened to the rain.
Great day. Tomorrow we buy groceries and maybe start on painting the bathroom. In the evening we pick up the other granddaughter and the cousins will stay until Saturday.
Oh yeah, one more thing. Mom said don’t let her shoot her eye out.
More to follow